Half Blood RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Claiming Poseidon Daughter
Apollo [Finished] EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 3:40 am by Amythist

» Training...yet again (open for all to join)
Apollo [Finished] EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:30 am by daughteroftheseagod998

» WaterWader
Apollo [Finished] EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 am by emiewemy

» Elizabeth Jones
Apollo [Finished] EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:10 am by emiewemy

» a bow with celestial bronze tiped arrows
Apollo [Finished] EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 am by ashplayer

» Claiming Athena Son
Apollo [Finished] EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 am by ashplayer

» Kelly Stennar
Apollo [Finished] EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 11:53 pm by Kelly Stennar

» mortiferum
Apollo [Finished] EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 am by Athena

» Cabin of the Underworld (Open)
Apollo [Finished] EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:26 am by Alex Jones

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Staff

Head Admins
Apollo
Grover

Moderators
Poseidon
Percy Jackson
Kaira
Alyssa

Graphic Designers
Kaira

Technicians
Top posters
Apollo (248)
Apollo [Finished] I_vote_lcapApollo [Finished] I_voting_barApollo [Finished] I_vote_rcap 
Poseidon (223)
Apollo [Finished] I_vote_lcapApollo [Finished] I_voting_barApollo [Finished] I_vote_rcap 
Alyssa (200)
David & Grover (164)
Kaira (120)
Drag (108)
Percy Jackson (103)
Alex Jones (62)
Silena Beauregard (58)
Logan Grey (53)

Affiliates

Toolbar

Credits

Website-Apollo
Graphics and Sidebar-Kaira
Tool Bar- x Nikolia x
Home Page and Redone Theme-Kaira
Host-Forumotions

Apollo [Finished]

2 posters

Go down

Apollo [Finished] Empty Apollo [Finished]

Post by Apollo Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 am

~Basic Information~

Name: Apollo

~Appearance & Personality~
Description/Picture:

Height: Any height he wants to be
Weight: Any weight he wants to be

Personality:
Apollo has been obsessed with haikus ever since he visited Japan and also appears to obsess over other kinds of poems, depending on where he visits. He is known to be terrible at them. He loves his 'little' sister Artemis, even though they often clash.

The sun god drives around in his chariot. He can make the chariot look however he wants, but he prefers a sports car. Apollo appears driving a Maserati Spyder. Apollo states that his chariot is made from mortal beliefs of the sun. As long as mortals believe that the sun rises and sets, that its hot, and is in the sky for half the day, it is.

Apollo is a master in archery and so are his demigod children at Camp Half-Blood. One of these demigods of his is Lee Fletcher who dies fighting in the Labyrinth. Lee Fletcher is also the head of the Apollo Cabin. Then Michael Yew who most likely dies is the new head counselor. It is said that during capture the flag that the Apollo cabin has one of the biggest cabins. Apollo is a major flirt, as he often flirts with Artemis' hunters, even though Artemis has forbidden it.

Powers:

Apollo is the god of the sun, having taken over after Helios. He is also the God of prophecy, truth, medicine, poetry, and music, which in turn means he is the God that controls the Oracle at Delphi, and oversees the ceremony in which Rachel receives the Oracle's spirit. He drives the sun. He has arrows that burn like the sun. He presumably possesses the standard powers of a God.

Symbol of Power:

Golden Bow, Fiery Arrows and Golden Lyre

~History~

When Hera discovered that Leto was pregnant and that Zeus was the father, she banned Leto from giving birth on "terra firma", or the mainland, or any island. In her wanderings, Leto found the newly created floating island of Delos, which was neither mainland nor a real island, so she gave birth there. The island was surrounded by swans. Afterwards, Zeus secured Delos to the bottom of the ocean. This island later became sacred to Apollo.

It is also stated that Hera kidnapped Ilithyia, the goddess of childbirth, to prevent Leto from going into labor. The other gods tricked Hera into letting her go by offering her a necklace, nine yards long, of amber. Mythographers agree that Artemis was born first and then assisted with the birth of Apollo, or that Artemis was born one day before Apollo, on the island of Ortygia and that she helped Leto cross the sea to Delos the next day to give birth to Apollo.

Four days after his birth, Apollo killed the chthonic dragon Python, which lived in Delphi beside the Castalian Spring. This was the spring which emitted vapors that caused the oracle at Delphi to give her prophesies. Hera sent the serpent to hunt Leto to her death across the world. In order to protect his mother, Apollo begged Hephaestus for a bow and arrows. After receiving them, Apollo cornered Python in the sacred cave at Delphi. Apollo killed Python but had to be punished for it, since Python was a child of Gaia.

Hera then sent the giant Tityos to kill Leto. This time Apollo was aided by his sister Artemis in protecting their mother. During the battle Zeus finally relented his aid and hurled Tityos down to Tartarus. There he was pegged to the rock floor, covering an area of 9 acres, where a pair of vultures feasted daily on his liver.

~RP Sample~

Apollo was at the balcony of his glimmering house located at the side of Mount Olympus. After a few moments, Artemis came to the Balcony. Artemis is his twin sister, God of the Moon and the Hunt. "Brother, one of my hunter said that you wanted to talk to me. Is there something wrong?" Artemis asked curiously.

Apollo said hastily "Artemis, I wanted to ask if you would like to come practice archery at the Nile River " Apollo asked as he looked at the sun shining so brightly. "Very Well my Brother, what time do you wish we practice?" Artemis said happily as she gazed at the beautiful scenery of the nymphs coming by the garden.

"Tomorrow at sunrise, I think its best if I could focus well with my arrows." Apollo said softly while playing with his lyre. His lyre always keeps him relaxed and steady. "Very well then, see you tomorrow at sunrise my brother, I'll be expecting to have a good practice tomorrow, for now I have to go, My hunters are waiting for me, for its time for us to hunt." She said hastily and smiled. She jumped at the glimmering fence and ran towards her house that looks so simple.

"Till then, Artemis!" Apollo shouted and waved then he continued to play a song with his golden lyre. While Artemis stopped and waved back.

It was late in the afternoon when Apollo finished playing his lyre and sits at the grass by the lake, admiring his powers, waving his hands, making the temperature of the sun play funny. "What a fabulous power this is! I can control my precious sun!" Apollo said proudly like a 4-year old boy playing with his new toy. Then he stopped. "Ugh! Don't know what to do today, just sitting here, waving my hand like a fool. Hmmm...What should I do...think, think, think."

After a few moments. "Aha!, Let me see..." Apollo said excitedly look at the sun as it sets. "I'll paint with this fascinating view from the sun!" In just a few seconds, I finished my wonderful work of art. Seeing it make me proud for myself. "Alas!, I shall send it to my Cabin at Camp Half-Blood through Hermes for my sons and daughters to see" Apollo said happily as he grabbed a delivery slip by Hermes and wrote:

Apollo's Son and Daughters
Half-Blood Hill, Farm Road 3.141
Long Island, New York 11954
Cabin #11, Apollo's Cabin

From Your Father,
APOLLO, God of the Sun, Prophecy, Medicine, Truth, Poetry, Archery, the Arts, and Music.

and I attached a note saying:

Children,

This for you my lovely children
who dwells in Half-Blood Hill
I'm always here in the mountain
looking at your will

Always remember that I am here
Please Be Careful Oh! Please!
cause I know that what I see draws near
I wish that all the best and peace!

From your loving father
who's grieving to see you all
wanting to be together
APOLLO!

And attached the delivery slip and note to the package. Then the packed floated off the table and disappeared. poof! I giggled knowing what my children would feel like to have this as a gift.

-The End-

sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by Apollo on Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Apollo
Apollo
Administrator
 Administrator

https://halfbloodrpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Apollo [Finished] Empty Re: Apollo [Finished]

Post by Poseidon Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am

Approved.